Wednesday, September 21, 2022

"We Were Always There..."



What I Like About This: Here is a vintage couple from sometime in the 1950s.  They are Navy sailors and this is aboard ship, they are on deck standing in front of a large gun mount.  What I so admire is that they felt comfortable enough to openly and intimately embrace and show their happiness and affection for all to see.  In my own time in the Navy, I've seen many such couples and prior to "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" the degree of openness that such couples could show depended on the attitudes of the Commanding Officer.  Many COs were quite tolerant and I'm sure many were also gay themselves.  This photo is a wonderous look back into a happy moment in the lives of two men in love.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.