Wednesday, September 28, 2022

"The Artist's Corner..."


"A Matter of Taste"
Acrylic on canvas
Steve Walker


"Silence"
Acrylic on canvas
Steve Walker


What I Like About This: These are two paintings by my favorite artist who depicted gay themed works about 'our' lives.  The late Canadian artist Steve Walker had an incredible ability to create emotive works of art which eloquently spoke to and revealed the truth of the hearts of same gender loving men.  I chose these two works, which are perhaps my favorites in his panoply of depictions of our lives, because they represent two realities that I myself have lived and experienced in my life and in my love affair with the beloved one... the joy, and the pain of love, if you will.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.