Sunday, September 25, 2022

"The Imitation Of Life..."




Alғonѕo Barón & Gaѕтon Re
in
The Blonde One


Running through my mind now:



Interestingly, although I've always loved this song by the 1970-80s soft rock band, "Dr. Hook," I had no idea they'd filmed a performance of band members Dennis Locorriere (lead vocalist and bass guitar) and Ray Sawyer (vocals, guitar and percussion) singing the band's 1976 hit cover of "A Little Bit More" affectionately to each other.  Perhaps it was a bit one-upmanship of Jim Srafford's 1974 gay-parody hit, "My Girl Bill".  Yes, Dennis and Ray were probably just playfully teasing the world too, but I'm sure every gay man who saw it then and now appreciated the inclusion.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.