Monday, October 15, 2012

"The Truth In Cinema..."

I really, really liked this film... I was surprised by just how much I liked it.  As I watched, I questioned it's caption as a "romantic comedy" but by the surprise ending, like me, you'll understand.

I also have to say that I generally don't like depictions of casual sexual encounters amongst gay men, but it's not because I don't know that they happen, but rather because I think it plays into confirming stereotypes that our enemies love to use to label us as degenerates and worse.  But you'll also see why I'm okay with it in this film, because it shows us (gay men) as ultimately just like all men... capable of anything... including love.


"Fear Eats the Soul"

1 comment:

  1. Casual sexual encounter are whatever you make of them.

    ReplyDelete

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.