Thursday, October 18, 2012

"And The Truth Shall Set You Free..."

Indeed, the truth does set you free...  

Ahead of his first major bout since coming out to the world on October 3rd, Boxer Orlando Cruz had this to say in a recent interview:

"I can breathe," he says, smiling, taking in a deep breath and exhaling to prove his point. "I can breathe."

Cruz's next fights Jorge Pasos at the Kissimmee Civic Center on Friday night.

Hear Orlando Cruz speak about the aftermath of his recent coming out in video from "The Orlando Sentinel."

"Fear Eats the Soul"


UPDATE 10/20/2012:

Congratulations Orlando!


Boxing's first openly gay fighter, Cruzz slugged  his way to a victory by unanimous decision over Jorge Pazos in his first fight since coming out.

"That was my moment, my opportunity, my event," Cruz said Friday night after the bout, his mother Dominga Torres-Rivera seated beside him. "And I won."

Cruz was touched by the support on display at the Kissimmee Civic Center outside of Orlando, the latest in a continual outpouring since his announcement two weeks ago that made him the first active male athlete in a major sport to come out.

"I was very happy that they respect me. That's what I want — them to see me as a boxer, as an athlete and as a man in every sense of the word."


Read more here.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.