Thursday, November 23, 2023

"Sometimes In Advertising..."


Remember this advert from Kohl's in 2015...?

It seemed like everything was gonna be alright... There were haters about, but Marriage Equality had become the law of the land just months before. Barack Obama was the POTUS and nobody thought Donald Trump had a snowball's chance. The nightmare of the pandemic seemed unimaginable to anyone except Hollywood and a few scientist who tried to warn us... How times have changed!

I'm thankful that I can say, "I saw the time imagined here." Today, I pray for a return to our national senses and to a time of lasting acceptance and inclusion for all in a world where we are free to love and be loved. 

That is my Thanksgiving prayer.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.