Sunday, June 25, 2023

"We Were Always There..."


Log Lodge Tavern Drive In
Dallas Texas 1940


What I Like About This: Well, you know how you thought Hooters was an original idea... Think again. Eighty-three years ago, this smart operator realized that, "Yeah, sex sells." Now I don't know this for sure, but I'll bet you my dollars to your dimes that this place was a favorite of not only bored housewives, but the "Friends of Dorothy" too! And let's be honest, when it comes to the workers, which guys in 1940 looked at this job and said, "Hmmm, I'd love to be sexually objectified while serving greasy burgers in Daisy Dukes." You know it was us! Don't think I'm right about that, take a close look at the fella on the left... He's got the "gay grin" if I've ever seen one. Check out that pose for the picture, foot up on the running board... hand on his thigh with that pinky separated from his other fingers... and I wonder how long it took him to set the finger waves in his hair. Talk about OGTs. But I digress, clearly, "we were always there."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.