Saturday, June 24, 2023

"I Am Always Remembering..."


The beloved one is in mourning today, and all day long, I mourned with him.

I know what he must be feeling today. The loss of a beloved sister is a reminder of one's own mortality... I remember how it was for me, as it was just shortly after I was cast aside. I had returned home just in time to witness my dear sister's rapid demise and then her departure from this world of sorrows. And I remembered today how all of our few final talks were about my love for him.

When I was at my sister's funeral, I sat next to an open space on a back pew. In my heart, I was reserving a place for the beloved one beside me. And when it was time to approach for that last glance from this side of the veil, as I gazed upon the temporal remains of one so loved, I was trembling with grief at her open casket. And though no one was beside me, as I took that last look at the face I'd known and loved all my life, somehow, I felt his arm across my shoulders bearing me up in that moment of anguish and sorrow.

Isn't love a strange force in our lives...

I said to him this morning from across a void of many miles, and over the invisible connections of one heart to another, "Remember Dearest, She is not gone, she is just gone from our sight." Somehow, through whatever powers of the heart there are, I know he heard me.



I am always remembering, and my greatest fear is that I may not live long enough to forget.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.