Wednesday, September 23, 2015

"The Truth About Hate..."


Ex-Marine Launches Into Shocking Rant As He Smashes Gay Poster

Pink News
Joe Williams
22nd September 2015

An ex-marine has been recorded ranting homophobic slurs, before destroying a poster featuring a gay couple.

The man launched into the rant after catching sight of the marketing campaign – which was advertising a gay dating site.

The poster – which advertised “non-stop hook ups” – was situated directly beside benches at a bus stop.

The man claimed that the campaign should “not be allowed on the streets of America”, and he was concerned about his children seeing it.

After spotting the poster, the man walked over to the display case, before launching into a homophobic rant.

“I’m 66 f**king years old,” he barks – although his lack of teeth and obvious smoking habit make him a little hard to understand.

“I have nine children, two boys, seven girls. I don’t want them seeing this f**king bulls**t on the streets of the US of A.”

He then goes on to explain that he was a marine and had fought for his country, adding: “I didn’t fight for this s*** to be put up on my goddamn streets.”

The man then precedes to smash the display with a rock and throw the poster in the road – thereby setting a great example to the children whose innocence he wishes to protect.

Talking to the camera, he shouts: “I did it. I did it, you got it on film.

“I’ll take the charge, but guess what, I stand by my morals.”

Of which he clearly has many.

The cameraman then tells the vandal that he has his respect.

It is not clear exactly where the footage was filmed, or whether it is being investigated by police.

Watch the full clip below.


*******

And now for the truth as I see it...

I absolutely understand where this man's shocking rage stems from... I am a father to three children, and a grandfather to two and I am a gay man... I wouldn't want any of the children I love and care about to be exposed to the debauchery being openly advertised on the street at this bus stop.

I find fault with his inebriated means of expressing his displeasure, but I share in his revolt and disgust for what's on offer and being promoted.  This is not normal, and this is not what I want my children thinking sex is about.

Just because we live in a society where we are finally (mostly) free to be openly gay, it doesn't mean that we should validate every tired, evil stereotype that in the past was used to oppress us and deny us our equal place in society.

Sex is a beautiful thing regardless of the gender of those who are enjoying it in the right context.  This is what I've taught my children, and this is what my husband and I believe.

The real truth is I hate this too...


"Fear Eats the Soul"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.