Tuesday, October 15, 2024

"I Am Always Remembering..."

 
This morning, for a long time, I looked at the dining room chairs I upholstered that morning, remembering the thoughts I had that day.  By late that evening, I was saying to the beloved one the most important three words we mere mortals may ever utter... I love you. 

And with that, in looking back on it, I know now that it was also the moment my fate was sealed and my heart was forever changed.

And the strangest part of remembering all this is my knowledge that even knowing how and where that journey would take me, I would ever so happily suffer it all again. And this too is love.

I am always remembering...
and my greatest fear is that I may not live long enough to forget.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.