Wednesday, October 16, 2024

"I Am Always Remembering..."


That next morning, was the first day of the many thousands since, when my first thought upon waking was of the beloved one. Just after sunrise that morning, after I returned home from my run, he asked me to come to him. The words he spoke were the sweetest words I'd every heard to that point in my life as he declared his love for me.

When I arrived, we kissed at the door as he took my hand in his. There were no words needed after that, still hand in hand, he led me up the stairway to heaven... As we laid in each other's arms reveling in the freedom of our nakedness and listening to our hearts beat as one, every dream became real. We made love for the first time on that cool autumn morning and I still remember the joy and the wonder of it.

We spent the rest of that day, even until the evening, wrapped in each other's arms such that we were of one flesh. And as the sun chased the shadows of the day across the room, we shared every dream and every hope and every precious desire of our hearts with one another.

And it was the glorious end of the beginning and the beginning of the end.

I am always remembering...
and my greatest fear is that I may not live long enough to forget.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.