Tuesday, June 11, 2024

"I Am Always Remembering..."

          


I think I was 14 or 15 years old the first time I heard this song. I vividly recall being moved by the lyrics and somehow understanding that they might rather prophetically someday define my own future. Well, now these many years later, and not for the first time, I realize I was right. Today is my birthday and as I venture into the seventh decade of my time on earth, I find that I am always remembering and looking back on all the times I let my heart lead me into the unknown, only to discover when it was too late, that all I'd found was the "heartaches of a fool."


I am always remembering...
And my greatest fear is that I may not live long enough to forget.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.