Tuesday, March 5, 2024

"The Things That Love Says..."


How long have I loved you...

I have loved you since you and I were mere specks of dust flying out from the heart of an exploding star at the dawn of time

I have loved you since you and I were buried deep in the abyss of the immortal seas

I have loved you since you and I emerged from the crucible of the earth to form the highest peaks and the lowest valleys

I have loved you since you and I were adrift seeking one another in the four winds

I have loved you since you and I took on this mortal frame and found one another in the mass of desperate humanity

And when this life is over, I will love you into the next, and the next, and the next

I will go on loving you until we are again mere specks of dust deep in the heart of some new star in some far distant place that doesn't exist yet

And I will go on loving you for another hundred billion millennia and until the end of all time, on and on, for forever and a day



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.