Tuesday, March 19, 2024

"A Thought To Ponder..."


That moment of confirmation...

What we see here is a pretty common theme in cinema, the unexpected moment of confirmation when a fellow in denial is pushed over the edge and discovers that everything he thought he wanted to know about himself was just the tip of the iceberg (no pun intended).  Last week, Husband and I were in Chicago. I was there for work and he joined me and we stayed over a couple of days through the weekend.  During one of those evenings back at the hotel, surprisingly I was able to turn our conversation to a talk about sex and our own experiences before we met one another. It was finally our moment of confirmation if you will. 

I always suspected that Husband was far more "experienced" than myself, but when we got to talking about our first encounters with sex as much younger men, I finally understood why we are the way we are with each other in our marriage.  I have to say, I wish we'd had that talk about 13 years ago, I'd have been much less confused than I have been.  Nevertheless. with that being said, we're in a better place today than we've been in a long time. That talk reminded me of one of Stephen Covey's Seven Habits, "Seek first to understand, then be understood."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.