Friday, March 8, 2024

"A Thought To Ponder..."


When I was a kid, if it wasn't on broadcast tv, we knew nothing about it at our house.  My siblings and I begged our parents for cable tv, but Mom was unrelenting in her belief that it was just garbage filled with sex and violence that would ruin our young minds. And as it turns out, I inherited my dad's cheapskate ways, and he certainly wasn't going to pay for tv, the thought of it was simply incomprehensible to him. And when got out on my own, I realized I wasn't willing to pay for it either. Afterall, as my mother often said,

"You can't miss what you've never had."

So now, that we're in the golden age of tv (streaming), I'm getting to see what I missed and I find myself always saying,

"Yep, this is why we couldn't have cable..."

Case in point, I can't even imagine what my parents would've said about this:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.