Thursday, October 19, 2023

"We Were Always There..."


J.A. Ranch, Palo Duro Canyon, Armstrong County, Texas
Giving the cook a shave - 1908


What I Like About This: It looks like love to me... If you ask me, there is no more intimate act between two men than one shaving the other. Think about the trust involved in this act, death just a slip of the hand away. To whom would you give such trust? Only to someone you love. I collect images like this one, because to me they express far more intimacy, trust and love than even sex. Photographs such as this one reveal the truth of real love whether it's platonic, romantic, or something in between. Afterall, why do people witnessing this photograph it? It's because they see the same thing I do... the bond between two who engage in this act can only be called love, and like love, we were always there.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.