Monday, September 25, 2023

"The Imitation Of Life..."



"Ferris Bueller's Day Off"
1986

I recall seeing this film for the first time when I'd just arrived at my twenties and was still in deep denial about who I was and who I wanted to be. But I remember thinking, "He's the most adorable fella I've ever seen!" Ever since then, I've loved him in all his roles over the years, even as Inspector Gadget. And that he was never afraid to take gay and gay-friendly roles was the icing on the cake... My absolute favorite work of his after I came out was this scene from Modern Family more than 10 years ago now. As I watched this with Husband, I remember thinking, "Matthew is still as adorable as ever, maybe even more so in all his "dad bod" glory..."


Although he wasn't my first star crush, he was is the longest lasting... My first star crush was when I was just a little boy. It was none other than "Book 'em Danno!" James McArthur. I didn't even like Hawaii Five-O, but I'd watch each week to swoon over McArthur, who came to the attention of my young gay fantasies in Disney's Swiss Family Robinson from 1960.



James McArthur
1937 - 2010



1 comment:

  1. OMG! Same for me as he also was one of my teenage time crush and I too wouldn't miss one episode of HawaƏ 5-0. He was also so sexy in «Light In the Forest (1958), with Fess Parker» where he did an native character being most of the time shirtless.

    ReplyDelete

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.