Wednesday, July 26, 2023

"The Imitation Of Life..."


I love streaming, the ability to watch what you want, when you want to see it is television at its very best...

Although I pay for Max, Hulu and Netflix, my favorite streaming platforms are free and one in particular has become a favorite go to when I want to see stories featuring LGBTQIA+ characters. "Tubi" has an incredibly diverse selection of films and television series in all genres, but their LGBTQIA+ library is second to none. This platform has literally hundreds of films and television and web series from the last 30 years and from all over the world. I can always find something I want to watch.

In addition to "God's Own Country," here are a few of the hundreds of gems I've found in the last year:


I really enjoyed watching "The Falls" trilogy last weekend







And unlike many other platforms, Tubi is right up front about allowing you to find the content you'd like to watch. They have a dedicated LGBTQIA+ genre list that's right out in the open and not hidden away or accessed by secret codes, (Yes, that's a dig at you Netflix!)


And even better, Tubi's algorithm learns quickly what you like and will show you titles you've never seen before that you'll love.

It's available on Roku and smart tvs and also the web and mobile... And best of all it's free!
It is ad supported, but I don't mind that at all since they tend to show the bulk of the ads before the feature begins and shorter features usually aren't interrupted by ad breaks at all.

Just a disclaimer in case you're wondering, no Tubi did not endorse or sponsor this post. I just really enjoy it and I think that if you like this blog, you'll like Tubi too.

Search for Tubi on Roku or your smart tv
Or, watch it right now: Tubi .com



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.