Monday, September 20, 2021

"I Am Always Remembering..."


"Is this Christopher?"

15 years ago today, 6:55 p.m., I heard his voice for the first time.  I can hear him even now.  I had been sad and forlorn for the entirety of my life to that point, and hearing his voice brought a shared sadness but also a new and surprising hope to my heart.  In just days, I would meet him for the first time and fall hopelessly in love from the start.  I thought at the time it was a new beginning, that perhaps somehow life would finally be made real, but now I realize that it was merely the beginning of the end of my dreams of love's truth.

The seasons and many moons would pass as our tumultuous love affair waxed and waned in his heart but only grew by the day in my own.  I love him still today, even now my heart longs for him ever more.

And now, my greatest fear is that I may not live long enough to forget...


"Fear Eats the Soul"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.