Monday, September 20, 2021

"A Little Sane Advice..."



I really don't understand people's reticence to receive a Covid vaccine, especially amongst those of us who are veterans.  I took many vaccines during my time in service, and I even had a life threatening reaction to a live-virus yellow fever inoculation, but I understood that the benefits of vaccination far outweighed any potential risks from these highly tested and safe miracles of modern science.

Since I work in an industry considered "essential" even in the early days of the pandemic and on a daily basis I come into contact with thousands of people, when the Covid-19 vaccines became available, I was one of the first to roll up my sleeve.  I'm ready for my booster when the time comes and I have no reservations about the vaccines, especially the mRNA based versions from Pfizer and Moderna

The only way we'll escape the pandemic is to stop the virus spreading through wide spread vaccination.  If you're reading this and haven't been vaccinated, I implore you to study the vaccines yourself and you'll find that Covid-19 is the most studied and well understood virus in history, and the mRNA vaccines far from being a "new type," have been in development for many years in anticipation of the next great pandemic which science had been warning of since the 1918 Spanish Flu.  The vaccines currently in use have been extensively tested for safety and effectiveness and might save your life and the lives of those you love... 

Our country is rapidly hurtling towards the 1 million dead milestone and because of undercounts in the early days of the pandemic is likely already there... If you haven't been vaccinated, don't wait another day, get your shots and let's end this pandemic.

Vaccines are free, you don't need health insurance to get one.
To find a vaccination site near you, click here:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.