Monday, October 27, 2014

"The Truth About Hate And Ignorance..."


"We, the undersigned Christian Pastors of the State of Michigan declare our opposition
to adding sexual orientation, gender identity or other similar designation
to the Elliott-Larsen Civil Rights Act."


I really don't understand why it is that the face of hate
and ignorance is so often a black one...

Is it that we people of color have been so systemically victimized by hatred and prejudice that we know nothing else... Is it that we have become so hate filled that we can't help but spew that same irrational and venomous hatred with the same tired excuse of what "we think" the bible says about something?

I am quite literally "shaking my head" over this.  I am ironically reminded of something my ex-wife said to me at a time in my life when I was far more confused than even these misguided souls... she once said to me, "If I wasn't black, I wouldn't want to be."  At the time, I found what she said to be utterly repugnant and of the worse kind of self-loathing hatred.  But after listening to this unadulterated bullshit, although the context is not the same, I can say, "I finally understand what she meant."

I feel just like this...





"Fear Eats the Soul"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.