Friday, May 9, 2025

"The Truth About Canada..."


The views of my hometown of Detroit, Michigan 
from Downtown Windsor, Ontario, Canada

Detroit and Windsor are sisters cities directly across from each other on the Detroit River which forms a part of the border between the U.S. and Canada. The U.S - Canada border is the longest undefended border in the world, and Detroit - Windsor is its busiest crossing point between our two nations. Our two cities are connected by a bridge and two of the world's first and oldest underwater tunnels linking two nations. Detroit and Windsor are so interconnected that soon a new bridge linking the two and paid for entirely by our neighbor Canada will open to supplement the existing crossings which support the fair and friendly trade between our two nations. 

Most folks in Detroit and everywhere else along the border would say that Canadians are our friends, neighbors and work colleagues. They are a kinder, friendlier, more welcoming version of us, they are not our enemies, they are our staunchest allies, rescuers and defenders in the world. Like many Detroiters, I am proud to call Canadians my friends. I have only admiration, appreciation and the very highest regard for our friends across the river. When we recover from our insanity, I hope they can forgive us. Having known, worked and lived with Canadians, I know they will.



1 comment:

  1. I'm a Canadian living in Montreal and we know that the relationship with you Americans is very good and that is this orange 34 times felon is the virus in our friendship.
    He is treating us as ennemies at the same time he praises Putin and Xi Jin Ping.
    We have to go through those bad times and hope that the best of our two nations will come out at the end of this sad tunnel with more solid relationship.

    ReplyDelete

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.