Thursday, August 8, 2024

"The Truth About The Machines..."


The machines are listening, don't be fooled...

Despite all the denials from our tech overlords, it's clear to me that the machines (our devices) are listening to us. We've all been creeped out by having said something and then within minutes an ad for it shows up on one of our screens.  Well, I'm not fooled. This morning, this beauty turned up almost as soon as I got online. Last night, Husband and I had a little disagreement about the division of household chores (you know the stuff coupes usually disagree about). And although I tell him all the time that the machines are listening, he always has one of more of his devices with him whereas I rarely do outside of working hours.  

Now I must admit, what they served up this morning is rather apropo in light of what the algorithms heard last night. They even made sure to make the image a photo of a same sex couple so I could "identify!"

So you might be asking, "What's wrong with this?" 

It's a sales pitch!  This is from the online mental health counseling app


Sorry, the machines are already in my head without permission, I'm not going to open the door and invite them in to rearrange the furniture.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.