Saturday, August 3, 2024

"The Imitation Of Life..."


Wesley and Lionel in Netflix's Dear White People

I ran across this gif set in an article entitled "'Dear White People' Delivered The REALEST Gay Sex Scene Of All Time" from back in 2018.  As I was reading it, I was struck by my realization that their points are probably true for many gay men, but are not my own experience.  I'll elaborate as I share the points from the article, although I'll be a little more genteel in my descriptions.


One of the challenges they pointed out is shall we say, finding the sweet spot. 


Then there's the sticky issues of lube.


I can say that personally, I don't like and have never used it. And the admonishment to use copious amounts of the stuff just seem like it would be a very messy affair. I usually want to go to sleep after the lovin', not have to get up and shower and change the sheets.


Now to be sure, some lubrication is required and I'm not talking about spit. But instead, I've always let nature take care of it. In my experiences, if you take your time and there's lots of foreplay, by the time you're ready for the main event, you'll have made plenty of your own lube (seminal fluid, also known as pre-c*m).


Now, this is something that I can identify with...
 
What do you say while making love? 

I'll admit I don't have much to say except to maybe ask, "Is that good, are you alright?"  But again, if you're taking your time and being aware of and attentive to how you partner is responding, you usually don't need to break the silence with anything more than a moan or a passionate grunt.


I did try "takin' dirty" once, but it was such a departure from my normal vernacular that it seemed to put Husband right outta the mood. 


So, I guess what I'm saying is
Maybe I've never had "just sex" like you sometimes see in movies and television.
 
For me at least, it's always been "making love."

However, there was that one time, with my first love when the hotel front desk called the room to say the neighboring rooms were complaining about the noise 😉
But that's a story for another day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.