Sunday, August 18, 2024

"Just For Fun..."


The more I think about it, the more I realize that I grew up in a really funny time in our culture's history. For some reason, out of the blue, this song from my youth popped into my head the other day while I was working. And the more I thought about it, the more tickled I got. It distracted me so much that I lost track of time and didn't even realize I was still working when Husband called me for dinner.

When I came down for dinner, apparently I was still grinning and Husband was like, "What's wrong with you?" And I told him I was thinking of this song from back in the day, and I asked him if he remembered it. Although he said he'd never heard of it, I still have my scratched 45 single of it. I mean this song was deliciously naughty for the times. It's about a voyeur jealously watching a neighbor woman's amorous activities while fantasizing about an affair with the object of his adoration. How did this song ever get enough airtime to become a hit in 1973?


And let's face it, what's just as funny as this song are these fella's outfits... I don't remember seeing many fellas wearing windowpane plaid bell bottom suits, but my memory could be failing me.  But if you ask me, the funniest thing about this cover is that the big fella on the end is the only fashion dissenter in the bunch. I imagine the tailor ran out of fabric by the time he got to him.


I am always remembering... and sometimes it's absolutely hilarious!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.