Wednesday, March 30, 2022

"The Truth About What I Think..."


Yep, True!

My sixteen year old has spent the first two years of high school at home in self-directed virtual-study which actually means I've been his teacher for geometry, history, natural science, and yes, English literature... We read Romeo and Juliet this spring and we both were like, "Damn, that ended poorly!"

If the pandemic will kindly cooperate, we're both looking forward to him actually setting foot inside a classroom this fall to begin 11th grade.  The decision to stay virtual for school thus far has been his own, although I've been working in a very public setting straight through the pandemic since my occupation was considered "essential."

Of late, I've really been encouraging him to want to attend school in-person, not so much because he'll learn more than I can teach him, but because he's missing out on learning important social skills and the opportunity to meet people (especially the young ladies) who may go on to become his life-long friends, And that's the truth about what I think about everyday.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.