Tuesday, March 29, 2022

"The Truth About What I Think..."


"The Slap Heard Around The World"

I didn't watch the Oscars this year, and I never have and never will...  I could care less, I don't believe in celebrity fandom.  But of course this turned out to be the "slap heard around the world"

So, now that I've seen it, and heard the context behind it, this is what I think:

Entirely justified!

Sometimes violence is the answer (as I believe we'll soon find out in dealing with Russia's Putin). Will Smith exhibited more than enough restraint not to lay him out, although in my opinion that's exactly what Chris Rock deserved.  Chris Rock has been hurtful and insulting to the Smiths for far too long and although many have condemned Smith's actions, in my opinion, it was the finest act of chivalry I've seen in ages.


Chris Rock knew exactly what he was doing... Hair is a third rail issue for women of color in America and especially notable black women.  For some context, I offer this as exhibit A:



"And thine own words shall convict thee..."



1 comment:

  1. I was surprised and disappointed to read this on your blog. Your blog is all about love and respect. I found it difficult to square your conclusion with the other things you post. I agree with the comment that the joke was hurtful, so many are, but there were other, better ways of displaying chivalry than resorting to violence.

    ReplyDelete

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.