Sunday, January 23, 2022

"Sunday Afternoon Television..."


I was remarking to a member of my team at work yesterday about how fond I was of the old black and white TV that we had in our den when I was kid.  We didn't get a color television until 1975 and then around 1978 we got a big console model with a "giant" 25 inch screen.  It made me think of how times and things have changed in just the short span of my own lifetime.

This episode of the web tv series "Weird City" from YouTube illustrates my point completely... When I was boy and later a young man, there was very, very little representation of SGL (gay) people on television and usually what little there was played into sad stereotypes that provided little or no hope to a youngster struggling to accept the truth of his own life.  So here we are today in glorious living color and just as the technology that brought us television has improved, so too has much of the content.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.