Monday, August 20, 2018

"The Funny Truth About Homophobia..."


I don't understand homophobia. 
I mean the word, "homophobia"
I don't get it. Fear of gays?

If a lot of gay folks move into your neighborhood,
your property value goes up and you get a
new Whole Foods store.

What's to be afraid of?

I once heard a guy say, "I don't want gays around
they'll try to convert me."

Umm, they're not Jehovah's Witnesses, Skeeter.
They don't spend Sundays knocking on doors asking
who's read the book of Judy Garland.

Sunday isn't for recruiting, it's for brunch, silly!

And if the reason you don't want to be around gay men
is because you're afraid they'll somehow be able to talk
you into being gay, then surprise,
YOU'RE GAY

If you're totally not gay, then what are you afraid of?

You'll be at a party and some tall drink of water's gonna be
handing out free BJ coupons, and you'll think,
"Well, I can't turn down a deal, now can I.
Not in this economy."

Homophobia isn't fear of gays. It's fear you may BE gay.
It should be called, "I'M A HOMO - PHOBIA."

And for the record, don't be afraid, gay men aren't vampires,
they don't bite and they can't convert you.

They're more like Hagrid from Harry Potter: All they can do
is introduce you to a fabulous new world by letting you know
that the magic was in you all the time...





1 comment:

  1. This is a wonderful article, my friend. Thanks for posting it. Hugs, Gordon

    ReplyDelete

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.