Thursday, January 22, 2015

"The Truth About Being Yourself..."


SAM SMITH REDUCED TO TEARS AFTER HIS DAD SENT HIM THIS BEAUTIFUL MESSAGE

Adrian Garcia
January 21, 2015

Five time Brit Nominee Sam Smith was reduced to tears during a recent stop at Madison Square Garden on the US leg of his tour.

The man responsible for making Sam “cry like a baby” was his amazing Dad, who sent his son a beautiful message and reminder of how much he loves and accepts his talented and openly gay son.

Sam writes:

My dad just sent a book to my dressing room at Madison square with a book stop at this page. I was told to read this page and only this page. After crying like a baby, it made me think; after years of struggling and wanting to be everyone but myself, it was the day I decided to be me that things started to work. I am performing tonight at Madison square garden in front of thousands of people and I haven’t had to sacrifice the way I want to dress, the way I want to sing, the way my stage looks, my sad days, my happy days, my weight, my crooked teeth or my hairy chest. I am performing tonight as myself. And tonight is my chance to thank you all for accepting me as just that. I love you all xx
sam-smith-words


The poem reads:

You Are A Flower
Every child is born in the garden of humanity as a flower. Each flower differs from every other flower. There are many messages in our socsiety that tell us, even when we’re young people, that there’s something wrong with us and that if we just buy the right product, or look a certain way, or have the right partner, that will fix it. As grown-ups, we can remind young people that they’re already beautiful as they are; they don’t have to be someone else.

******


"Fear Eats the Soul"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.