Sunday, September 25, 2011

"A Thought To Ponder..."


Today is a rare Sunday at home with my husband. I usually work on Sundays, but I'm taking some time off to relax and prepare for an important visitor at work... the president of the Fortune 50 company I work for is paying a visit to the location I manage and so its a very exciting time in my career.

Today is also a milestone for my blog... Early this morning, my 100,000th visitor (from Novosibirsk*, in the Russian Federation) came by to peruse my posts about same gender love. Its been sobering to realize that despite what many of us believe in our youth, we are not alone... and it does get better.

In the 2 years since I began my blog here, I've had visitors from every continent on the planet, including Europe, Asia, Africa, North and South America, Australia, and even the most obscure islands in the great seas (still waiting on a visitor from Antarctica, surely we are there too). My discovery has been that to be same gender loving is not an anomaly, not something strange or unnatural, not something found only in the west, but rather clearly, it is merely to be part of the diversity of mankind... part of the grand scheme of all things.

To my many regular visitors and to those just stopping by, always remember the truth that I share here and which took me nearly 40 years to learn:

"Fear Eats the Soul"
and
"A life lived in fear is a life half-lived..."



* Novosibirsk, in Siberia is the third largest city in the Russian Federation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.