When I ran across this image the other day, I was instantly transported back in time more than 50 years...
My father used to do the big end of the week grocery shop for my mother every Saturday morning and he'd always take me along. The first stop of the morning's errands would be Cameron's Meat Market, and while Dad talked to the butcher, he'd give me a dollar and send me next door to the convenience store to buy a box of these. We'd drop off the meat order back home and then head to the grocery store and perhaps to Sears for some other items, but along the way, he and I would enjoy these. On a lucky day for my brothers and sisters, by the time we got back home there'd be 4 or 5 left.
"I am always remembering...
and sometimes it a quite pleasant experience"

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.