Saturday, July 4, 2026

"Happy Birthday To Us...?"


"Proclaim Liberty Throughout All the Land Unto All the Inhabitants thereof"*


I was once quite proud to be a citizen of the United States, but as I've grown older and witnessed our downward spiral into oligarchy and authoritarianism, my pride has often turned to shame. But my hope is that we may awaken in time from our current nightmare and rediscover the founding principles that made this nation the most remarkable experiment in republican democracy the world has ever known.

"Happy Birthday America"

* Except for the 500,000 enslaved African Americans
in the 13 colonies from whom I am descended.



1 comment:

  1. Keep hoping in a better future after 2028 but this administration had done so huge damage to your country, inside and outside, that the next administration will have a huge task to revive USA's economy, policies and international influence on the world.
    We Canadians are hoping too but for now, we don't hate USA or some Americans but this sadistic administration trowing back USA in the 50's.

    ReplyDelete

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.