Thursday, September 26, 2024

"I Am Always Remembering..."


September is a significant month in my life... 

I was conceived in September

I fell into my most lasting love in September

I first heard the voice of the beloved one in September

I first cast my eyes upon the one who still holds my heart captive in September

And it was on this day in September, now 15 years hence that the beloved and I last spoke


I remember one of the last things he said was,
"I'm going to make you proud of me."
And not a single day has gone by since that one, that I haven't thought of him... and I often wonder,
"Should I be?"


I am always remembering...
and my greatest fear is that I may not live long enough to forget.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.