Tuesday, April 30, 2024

"The Views From Home..."


It's Spring again at our "Home in the Woods*"

The perennial garden sprang to life a few weeks ago and the earliest blooms are already greeting us each day.  The tulip beds in the rock garden are spectacular displays of vibrant color and a celebration of the renewal of life. Our plans for this year's garden improvements are already well underway... a new garden hedge of dozens of 7' arborvitae is installed along the south fence and I'll be installing a new gazebo to recreate our al fresco dining area. In the weeks and months to come, I'll share more photos of our efforts to make a beautiful home and garden.












* Our home is the middle of the City of Detroit proper, in a subdivision named "Russell Woods." I refer to it as our "Home in the Woods" as an homage to my mother's birthplace of Itta Bena, Mississippi which is the meaning of that place name in the language of the Choctaw who once inhabited that area of the Mississippi delta.



1 comment:

  1. I like your garden. I did like to do some back when I had a house. Now living on a second floor appartment, I still like to take care of my indoor's plants.

    ReplyDelete

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.