Saturday, February 17, 2024

"I Am Always Remembering..."


It's hard to believe but it was in 2008 that "Mr. Sulu," George Takei married to his partner of 23 years, Brad Altman.  At their wedding, Nichelle Nichols, who played Uhura, and Walter Koenig, who played Chekov, alongside Takei in Star Trek TOS served as the happy couple's Best Lady and Best Man. 


This came to mind because lately I've been baraged by ad offers to watch anything Star Trek after I wrote a post about Nichelle Nichols groundbreaking role in the original series for Black History Month. I am still creeped out and frankly annoyed by big data's tracking and targeting of everyone. Lately my biggest gripe is the gay themed ad for TurboTax that streams constantly whenever I watch anything.  

BTW: Big Data, since you're listening, I would never use TurboTax, I was formerly a managing tax accountant and I do my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.