Thursday, August 3, 2017

"The Imitation Of Life..."






I don't believe I'll ever forget the first time I saw this film... 

I took my little one to see a movie this weekend and we happened to go the theater that I saw this film at ten years ago (in fact, I hadn't been back to that theater since seeing Brokeback Mountain).  

And as I sat there with my twelve year old watching "The Adventures of Captain Underpants," I found myself remembering all the emotions that this film evoked in me.  I remembered understanding every moment and every nuanced allusion, and I remembered how I openly wept through much of this film as I sat there in the dark all alone feeling all the joy and pain of fear and love...


"Fear Eats the Soul"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.