Thursday, December 25, 2014

"The Truth About Joy At Christmas..."


This will be one of only a few posts today... 

Merry Christmas From Our Home To Your's

Today, my husband learned the truth about Joy at Christmas...

Santa came early to our house this year when 2 days ago, "the two of us" became "the three of us." Eddie and I have become foster parents to a very sweet little nine-year-old boy in need of a home. Our goal is adoption and having Dustin soon become a permanent part of our family.

I've never seen my husband smile and laugh as much as he has in just these last couple of days as he quickly grew into the role of 'poppa' and caregiver. Although Eddie had some reservations when I suggested we might have a family of our own, I can tell already that he loves being a dad.

This morning was a wonderous time that took me right back to more than 20 years ago when I enjoyed my first Christmas as a single-dad to my adopted son Marvin (whose now 31 with two children of his own). Of course, even with such short notice, Santa found our home last night and brought our little fellow lots of toys and gifts. And I have to say that watching the joy in Dustin's eyes and the smiles on his and Eddie's faces was all the Christmas gift I needed.

*******

I've talked about this before, but this is just a gentle reminder... There are tens of thousands of children in foster care who are in need of a loving home. It doesn't matter if you're gay or not (although in the State of Michigan they did make us jump through a lot of hoops to get to today), married, single, or partnered. All you really need is a loving heart and the desire to open your home and make a difference in the life of a child in need. In return you'll discover that being a parent completes a unique part of you and helps you to find your place in the circle of life.  

For more information on fostering and adoption:





"Fear Eats the Soul"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.