Wednesday, August 22, 2012

"I Am Always Remembering..."


"Dear Heart, you and I are connected in ways that transcend anything we might have ever imagined."

It was on this day six years ago that my life changed so much so that this is one of few dates that establish the milestones of my life, and it is from these that I have measured both my past and my future...

The above is from 100 days later.  As I look back on it, I remember it as though it were just yesterday.  In fact, it all lives on in my mind as freshly joyous and painful as it was then.  At some point in each and every day that has passed since, I relive it all and I remember.

I find that I am not unlike the old man who was sitting upon the fallen tree, which the traveler came upon last, at the edge of the woods... "What do you do here?" And the old man said, with a calm smile, "I’m always remembering. Come and remember with me."




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.