Monday, August 3, 2009

"Vanity, Thy Name is Stephen..."


"They that observe lying vanities forsake their own mercy." - Jonah 2:8 (KJV)

"Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me..." - Proverbs 30:8 (KJV)

“A man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all the doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false.” - Benjamin Franklin

Earlier today, I was thinking about Stephen Christopher Harris... Specifically, about his vain nature. Stephen is concerned with appearances; that the facade he projects is a lie means nothing to him. There are many symptoms of his vanity that I could point to, but one of the most telling and obvious that I first discovered was his fascination with cosmetic, beauty and pharmaceutical preparations.

I once said to Stephen, "All the pills, capsules, tablets, vitamins, potions, lotions, ointments, creams and salves in the world will never cure what ails you... the problem with you is not on the surface, it's not even physical... but deep within, your soul is afflicted by your lies."

He literally has at least a hundred creams, lotions, soaps, ointments, acid peels and other skin preparations that he uses routinely. He has creams and medications in bags and boxes, they line every shelf of entire closets. He takes vitamins and supplements by the handful, enough to choke a normal man. He preens in every mirror he sees, and he regularly attends "Gay Church..." He goes to the gym to perform his ceaseless ritual of worshiping his own body and those of other men.

Last November, I learned just how deeply centered his vanity went when I discovered that he'd actively tried to enlarge his penis... When we were moving back to the "Dream House," while packing, I found he had a well worn vacuum pump enlarger... Hidden with it was a strange looking apparatus that I couldn't imagine. Although I didn't know what it was, I knew by the context of the other items he'd hid with it that it was something to do with the penis. Curiosity and wanting to know what it could be possessed me; this is what I discovered it was:



Despite what's said in the video, I think Stephen's use of this device resulted in his general impotence.

And yet, even after I discovered this curious side of him, I realized that this is perhaps the least serious evidence of the shallow, self-centered vanity of Stephen Christopher Harris. As the truth of him was revealed to me, my love for him blinded me to the reality of what I should have been able to so clearly see... "Stephen Christopher Harris loves no one, not even himself."


"Fear Eats the Soul"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.