Saturday, September 22, 2018

"The Truth About Love..."


Life is too short to not spend it with the people you love, I murmured. Did you just read an Instagram caption? my boyfriend asked. I huffed. I said that it was a midnight musing--not an Instagram caption. But it's true. To me, at least. From reading children's books to books about death and illness and meaning and regret, I gather that this abstraction--love!--that poets wax on about and singers warble on about and writers scribble on about is what matters most. It isn't money or material items or career or achievements or resumé markers or positions or charm. It's the simple, deceptively simple! equation of existence: to love and to be loved.

 - LU



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.