Monday, November 5, 2012

"I Am Always Remembering..."













It was on this day, exactly 16 seasons and 50 moons ago that I bravely and foolishly left everything and everyone I knew behind, and set off on a desperate quest to fulfill love's desire.  That morning, I awoke to the news that the new president would be Barrack Obama, and yet, that momentous news meant little to me even though there was jubilation in the streets of Detroit... I was distraught and alone, despite so many promises from him that never again would I be so.

As I sat alone in a corner of my dimly lit bedroom, looking to the side of the bed that he once shared with me, I thought, almost without thinking, go and see for yourself... And with that thought, I rose up, turned off every light and walked out my front door without any expectation that I'd ever see my home again.  Eleven hours later, I was standing at a vaguely familiar door in Charlotte, North Carolina.  Months would pass and last opportunities to share the joys of life with family would be lost forever, but I had followed my heart and believed the promises of that man I loved, and it was the only thing I could do.

Because of my love for him, my life was in shambles and utterly destroyed... And yet even now, I still obey his commands given so long ago.  And not a day in the more than 2,000 that have come and gone since I first knew of him has passed without some thought of him, without my remembering something said or done, without some silent pain piercing my heart anew and without some part of me wondering, "What if...?"

I am always remembering... 




"Fear Eats the Soul"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.