Sunday, April 10, 2011

"Married Life..."



Although technically, this is our second day of married life, it feels like the first since we're in a normal routine today.  This morning, I made a waffle breakfast for the husband and I.  I couldn't resist, so I served it with the leftover champagne and fresh strawberries from the night before.  Every little thing feels really special and new right now... I know that in time these everyday things will seem normal and mundane, but right now I'm enjoying every minute of the new found wonder of married life.

Last night we held our reception at Maggianno's Little Italy restaurant in Troy and it was an affair to remember.  The room was beautiful, the food was wonderful, and most importantly, our closest friends and family were there.  As we celebrated our love and our marriage, Eddie and I shared our life stories and the story of finding one another and falling in love and even the staff was busy wishing us all the best...  It was a night I'd dreamed about many times, and it was even better than anything I'd ever imagined.  Although I have to admit that I had a bit too much to drink last night, I had a wonderful time and Eddie was so happy that it just made my heart light with joy too.

It's a beautiful spring day here in Detroit, so the husband and I went out to run a few errands and take in a movie.  Now that we're back home, he's working on editing some of the photos we took at our wedding ceremony and at the reception last night. I'll post some of the pictures later on tonight.

Until then, remember...

"A life lived in fear is a life half-lived..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.