Thursday, October 14, 2010

"A Song For Me..."

"Take Me To The Water" is a song about baptism and rebirth, but Nina Simone somehow made it seem to be about so much more...

Thinking back, there have been many times in my life that I've felt the way that she "sings" this song... both mournful and hopeful at the same time. One moment believing that the best is yet to come and in the next realizing that it has passed me by.

Tomorrow will be an anniversary of sorts, marking the moment when four years ago, everyday since began to feel like the way Nina sings this song. And so, this is a song for me tonight, a song to recollect the path and the pain, the love and the anguish. I chose what God offered me and this is to remind me that it was only for love and nothing else...

“There are in the end three things that last: Faith, Hope, and Love and the greatest of these is love.” (1 Cor. 13:13)


"Fear Eats the Soul"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.