Friday, March 19, 2010

"A Song for Me..."


Prayer For Spanish Harlem
Lyrics and Music by Jackie Greene

Hot night, Spanish Harlem
Full moon, creeping low
I was standing at the bottom
Of your blue window

I come for miles just to hold you
It's been so long, baby, how've you been?
Do you remember what I told you
It's still the same it was back then
It's still the same it was back then

And I hope it all comes easy
I hope it all feels right
A dozen different candles
Line your bed tonight
And I hope it's never over
I hope it never ends
But when I go I hope that you
Will want me back again

'Cause this world, that's all around us
It's for real, it's not a game
And though hate and greed surrounds us
There's love in my veins

So hush now, do no more talking
My heart is heavy, it's a ragged stone
For all I want is you with me walking
Because I can't walk alone
Because I can't walk alone

And I hope that when we go
They'll take us someplace good
We can all be kids in common neighborhoods
And I hope we live together
The daughter and the son
And I hope they'll take me in
When my work upon this earth is done

Well I wish you loved in my arms
I wish that you would see
How time says that love expires
Not me, not me
Not me, not me
Not me


From the Album Giving Up The Ghost by Jackie Greene - 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.