Sunday, June 17, 2018

"Reflections On Married Life..."


Today we had our Father's Day breakfast at home with our sons Dustin and D'Mitris. After breakfast we sat around the table as I regaled everyone with tales of my own dear father... It seems like just the other day that he was still here living with me, and it's hard to believe he's been gone for seven years now.

My dad was a good father to me and my brothers and sisters, and when I overcame my fears and came out of the closet when he was in his eighties, he warmly embraced and accepted me.  I am so thankful for those talks we had afterward when I could be free to share the truth of my heart with him.  I miss him everyday.


My dad (center) at work receiving an award (early 1970s)


My dad (center) somewhere in the Pacific during WWII


My dad around the time he met my mother...


Dad, a couple of weeks before I was born


Dad was proudly Ford Motor Company's longest serving employee...
He retired on his anniversary of joining the company 65 years later


You can read more about my dad here:









"Fear Eats the Soul"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.