Sunday, February 18, 2018

"The Poet's Corner..."


In a Hotel Room Under Covers
By Darren Stehle

Your hand rubs freshly trimmed hair
On the back of my head
Like a wave of wind over tall grass
Undulating, soft and soothing.

In a king bed
Fresh, cool white linens
Contrast with chestnut-brown room decor.

34° Celsius but feels like 40 outside
The heat of passion in your eyes
Kept temperate with AC.

Jumping like a monkey
Jumping on the bed
Shrieking with delight
Arms out-stretched elegant and long
Coming in for the prey.

A child?
No.
Childlike –
Fun, playful, unashamed, adoring.

I watch
Peeking from under the the duvet
Pulled up to the bridge of my nose
Grinning gleefully.

You fall on top of me
Trapping me under down
Sticking your tongue in my ear
I giggle and squirm.

I roll onto my side
You embrace me with your hips
Wrapping long arms around me
Cool in the artificial climate
Laughing in the warmth of love.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.