Wednesday, January 24, 2018

"A Thought To Ponder..."


Love makes you do crazy things. Right, and alcohol makes you drink too much. It's romantic to think that love is this uncontrollable force that sweeps us off our feet. "You can't help whom you love." "I can't help myself, I'm in love." "I have no choice but to love you." That all sounds amazing, until we consider that an uncontrollable force can't be promised or predicted. We can't commit to love that we're not responsible for. We can't give love that we don't own. If a gust of wind knocked you off your feet, you couldn't turn and offer that wind to the person behind you for as long as you both shall live. So maybe the most romantic thing someone can say to you is, "I have full capacity over all my faculties. I'm in total control. I'm thinking very clearly. I'm choosing to give you my love, because you deserve it."

- Julie Mitchell



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.