Saturday, November 25, 2017

"A True Love Story..."


There was a big divide between the sciencey kids and the artsy kids at Carnegie Mellon. With my information systems studies, it was pretty clear to which group I belonged. I had unkempt hair, loved tie-dye shirts, and carried around eco friendly backpacks.

Meanwhile, Corey was a well-groomed voice major with a brilliant smile and voice like butter. We might have been from different worlds, but that didn’t stop me from noticing the blue eyed singer with freckles who I now call my fiancĂ©.

One night when we were Juniors in college, Corey asked me to meet for dinner before his rehearsal. He had planned to pay to make it known that he was interested in being more than just friends. When the check came, I pulled out my card and that's when Corey delivered his infamous line, “They don’t take Visa." He insisted dinner was on him, making that night our first official date.

I was head over heels and convinced this guy was too good for me. I was lucky because it turns out he felt the same way. It wasn’t a hard decision for us to move to New York together after graduating. Corey pulled some extra weight in the relationship while I went to grad school part time and worked. And I’ve tried to support him as best I can in pursuing his performing career.

Over time, we figured out how to function as a little family, caring for 3 hamsters, a turtle, and eventually adopting a puppy named Xander. New York treated us well but after 5 years we decided it was time to keep moving. We packed up our lives and landed in Los Angeles.

Not long after the move, on our 7 year anniversary, I proposed to Corey under the stars in Joshua Tree. We’re thrilled to be planning our March 2018 wedding together now and can't wait to make this thing official.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.