Thursday, August 24, 2017

"This Is A Love Song..."



End of the World
Matt Alber

I don't want to ride this roller coaster 
I think I want to get off 
But they buckled me down 
Like it's the end of the world 
If you don't want to have this conversation 
Then you better get out 
'Cause we're climbing to our death 
At least that's what they want you to think 
Just in case we jump the track 
I have a confession to make 
It's something like a cork screw 

I don't wanna fall, I don't wanna fly 
I don't wanna be dangled over 
The edge of a dying romance 
But I don't wanna stop 
I don't wanna lie 
I don't wanna believe it's over 
I just wanna stay with you tonight 

I didn't mean to scream out quite so loudly 
When we screeched to a halt 
I'm just never prepared 
For the end of the ride 
Maybe we should get on something simpler 
Like a giant balloon 
But I've got two tickets left, and so do you 
Instead of giving them away to some stranger 
Let's make them count, come on 
Let's get back in line again and ride the big one 

Don't you want to fall, don't you want to fly 
Don't you want to be dangled over 
The edge of this aching romance 
If it's gonna end, then I wanna know 
That we squeezed out every moment 
But if there's nothing left can you tell me why 
That it is you're holding onto me 
Like it's the end of the world

Written by Gary Moore
Copyright © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, Universal Music Publishing Group



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.